Thank you for your interest in joining the Board of Directors of HAVEN Women. HAVEN Women is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization whose mission is to empower female veterans in need to once again become self-sufficient and productive members of the society they defended. HAVEN Women operates a shared home facility using a model that incorporates shelter, outpatient therapy, training and mentorship. HAVEN Women is more than a transitional establishment—the problems and causes associated with female veteran homelessness often require longer term outpatient services and care in order to minimize the risk of recidivism. HAVEN Women offers a safe, sober, respectful environment for our female heroes.
What is the Board of Directors?
The Board of Directors is the representative body of the HAVEN Women. The Board of Directors has the power to conduct, manage and control the affairs and/or business of HAVEN Women, in conformity with applicable federal, state and local laws. The President serves as the Chairperson for the Board.
What is the composition of the Board of Directors?
HAVEN Women s Board of Directors consists of a President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, general board members, and the Executive Director to equal up to twenty-five members in total.
Before you complete this application, please be sure you meet the following requirements:
- Each director of the Corporation shall be a natural person of full age who is committed to the purposes of the corporation as set forth in its Article of Incorporation and By-Laws
- Briefly, Board membership requires a passion for female veterans and their welfare, as well as a commitment to serving the needs of the veteran community and to the betterment of veteran empowerment initiatives in Philadelphia.
- Board members are required to be present at a minimum of eight (8) monthly meetings out of the twelve (12) held annually, are required to attend one (1) annual board retreat and strategy session, and at least three (3) fundraisers throughout the year.
- Complete the HAVEN Women Board of Directors Application in its entirety.
- Undergo an interview.
- Be present during appointment at the Board of Directors Meeting.
If approved, the start date of your appointment is the day of the Board of Directors meeting when you are voted into office. You are hereby notified that all work performed for HAVEN Women will be considered voluntary and non-compensated.